Three Exercises to Increase your Explosiveness for Irish Dance
Updated: Feb 16
Want to increase your vertical jump, power and explosiveness for Irish dance? Start by incorporating these three exercises into your weekly routine.
Single Leg Deadlift Jump - repeat on each leg
- balance on one leg with a slight bend in your knee
- bend from the hip and engage your glutes, creating a T with your body
- explode from the T into a single leg jump lifting your knee up
- balance on landing and repeat
- feet hips width apart, hips go back as you squat down with your knees staying over your ankles
- explode up into a jump
- land softly going back into a squat
- take a large step back
- bend front knee into a 90 degree angle, knee staying over your ankle
- explode up as you switch legs and softly land into a lunge with the other foot.
Perform each exercise for 30 seconds with a 15 second break between each exercise.
Repeat entire series three times.
INTERESTED IN IRISH DANCE-SPECIFIC TRAINING VIDEOS?
Receive 14 DAYS FREE @ the Target Training Online Institute
Irish dance strength & conditioning, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE! Join the Target Training Online Institute today and get a FREE 14-day trial of the Trainer subscription, no code needed.
Get started at institute.targettrainingdance.com