FEIS FOOD: Egg Muffins
Updated: Nov 5, 2019
With a big Feis weekend upon us (who's going to the Lavin-Cassidy Feis?! I'll be there!), you've got a lot to prep. Costume - CHECK, wig- CHECK, shoes-CHECK, makeup-CHECK - but have you prepared for what is going to help keep you fueled during a feis day?
Let's get started with one of my go-to breakfast foods...EGG MUFFINS!
I'm pretty obsessed with these because there are so many different variations you can make and after you take the time to make them, you have a couple days worth of breakfast set.
Let's get cookin'!
FEIS FOOD: Egg Muffins
- Olive Oil ~1 tablespoon
- Veggies - whatever is in the refrigerator. For this recipe, I used 1/2 onion, 1/2 red pepper, and 1/4 cup mushrooms (I've used broccoli, brussels sprouts, spinach etc!). Diced small.
- Eggs or Egg white - I prefer the 16oz carton of the Trader Joe's egg whites. If using eggs, beat well.
- Meat - I used 4 slices of deli turkey for this recipe but I've also used cooked bacon, sausage, or my hometown favorite, goetta! Chop small.
- Seasoning - salt & pepper to taste. For this recipe I also used a sprinkle of garlic powder on the veggies (or sauté garlic with the veggies) and a splash of worcestershire in the eggs.
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease muffin tin and set aside
3. If using meat that needs to be cooked (bacon, sausage), begin cooking until done
4. Dice veggies small & sauté in a little bit of Olive Oil
5. Combine meat and veggies in a medium bowl
6. Fill muffin tin with egg mixture (1/2 full)
7. Scoop 1 Tablespoon of veggie/meat mixture into each muffin tin
8. Cook in preheated oven for 15 minutes - or until done
9. Let cool in tin for a few minutes then loosen with a butter knife and set on cooling rack.
10. Garnish with your favorite toppings - cheese, hot sauce, guacamole, etc.
I like to enjoy 1 or 2 when they're still warm then let the rest cool. Once they're all the way cool, I'll package them in little baggies so they're easy to grab later.
Eat plain or put in a breakfast wrap or sandwich!
BONUS: I enjoy having the music bumpin' in the background while I'm cooking. Check out two of my favorite kitchen tunes by Michael Franti - Once a Day and I'm Alive
Happy Training & Cooking!
PSST - 20% discount for the Target Training Online Institute
If you’re interested in a 20% monthly discount for the Target Training Online Institute, subscribe to our newsletter. It will include a coupon code for subscribers! Subscribe today at: https://www.targettrainingdance.com/contact